Create an AME Kubernetes cluster
Create a new AME Kubernetes cluster
AME Kubernetes clusters can be created through the Avisi Cloud console as well as using the
acloud CLI tool.
The release notes for new AME Kubernetes versions are published at AME Kubernetes - Release notes.
Creating a new cluster
Select the environment
First navigate to the environment in which you wish to create a new cluster. You can find this by navigating to the environments view (console.avisi.cloud/environments) and selecting the environment.
On this page, click the “Create cluster” button on the top right of your screen.
Create cluster page
The create cluster page shows the following information:
- The AME Kubernetes version
- The cloud provider
- The region
- Service Level Agreement for the cluster
- A display name
- Node pools
When you have configured your display name and the node pools, you can press create cluster at the bottom of the page. A background process will start to provision your cluster. This may take up to 10 minutes.
Your control plane should be available within a couple of minutes and can be accessed with
kubectl through the
Download Credentials button on the cluster detail page, or by using
acloud kubeconfig install.
- The creation of a control plane takes around 2 minutes on average.
- The creation of nodes in your cluster can take anywhere between a minute to 5 minutes, depending on the cloud provider used.
- AME will automatically retry on failed upgrades. A full cluster creation is usually finished within 7 minutes.